Wednesday 24 August 2011

Cliff jumping, Camping and a new DS lite for my Nintendo addiction


BREAKING NEWS GUYS --- I GOT A DS LITE!
The above may not be groundbreaking for any of you, but it is for me as the last handheld system I had was almost bigger than the Wii system itself haha. You may think im trying to be funny ( I am), but its also true. My parents bought us a Game Gear system back in the day (maybe 1994?) which was the first colour handheld system, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. That thing was a beast...took up like 100 batteries and used them up faster than Lindsay Lohans career failed (zing). Anyway got it off a guy used, so cut out the store trying to over charge me as I got a Black DS lite w charger, and 3 game (GTA chinatown wars, Final Fantasy 3, and a Dementium) for $80. The guy even delivered it to me, so I was quite pleased. I then found some sick games for great prices used.... Zelda minish cap for GBA ($20), Zelda Phantom Hourglass ($25) and Mario and Luigis: Bowsers Inside Story ($20). So I have enough to tide me over for however many trips I go on in the next year or so at least!
Game Gear
Lots of other stuff going on in my life as well, just got back from a long weekend camping...I had been dying to go as it was my first camping trip of the year. Good times drinking with friends, boating and cliff jumping! Check out this quick video edit I made from the trip and posted on my youtube channel....Fun times in the Canadian Summer.

I have also been really binging on Zelda games...so not the worst addiction but still on a bit of a overload. I finally beat Twilight Princess, which ended up taking me about 3 years to complete! Well worth it in the end, epic ending to say the least. The reason it took me so long was because of the damn Wolf portions, and me losing interest (mostly due to confusion of where to go next in the biggest Zelda game world created thus far)

Im now replaying on of my all time favorites, Zelda the Windwaker for Gamecube. Love the art style soo much, definetely one of the most epic journeys, even with a bit too much sailing.

Windwaker
All this Zelda has been great...some of the greatest adventures in Video Games IMO...if you have played a Zelda, or multiple what is your favorite? Or why do you think the game is so highly regarded, or overrated?
hope all is good with everyone, take care and hope to hear from your comments

3 comments:

  1. wow buddy that's some nice content you got bro, huge blog post, The ds system is nice, and one of my favs of last gen , console or handheld, its amazing.
    If I can recommend one must play game , it is Dragon quest V, f'n epic... check my blog post for more details. also looks like you had a very epic camping trip , nice video edits on the big cliff jumps. it's good to see baldry again.. even though it is just a video. who were all those boys jumping.
    and yes zelda is def epic as shit, take a look at the zelda timeline if you really want to get hardcore. supposedly the new skyward sword is a prequel to ocarina of time, and ocarina is a prequel to windwaker, it's crazy and mind blowing.
    damn I should use the comment to make a blog of my own.
    peace out chuck E cheese

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yea love the windwaker pic,
    windwaker is in my top 5 games of all time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really have to try and look at the timeline, especially with the one narrated by Kipper. I cant wait for the new skyward sword, thats crazy its a prequel to Oot. I will have to keep my eye out for dragon quest 5, but my hands are full with FF4 right now. Windwaker is the best game Nintendo put out in the first decade of 2000 IMO...and that says a lot!

    ReplyDelete